Louis is a highly regarded leadership coach and development consultant with over 25 years’ experience in both the public and private sectors. A psychologist and a professional certified coach, who also knows what it takes to lead large teams in complex and fast-changing environments. When he is not coaching senior executives, managers and aspiring talent, he is delivering popular workshops and masterclasses, focused on providing people with the awareness and essential skills needed to get the most out of their most critical and challenging conversations.
Mastery of our conversational style and approach is becoming increasingly important as organizations transition from traditional, command and control, office-based structures operating in a predictable world, to ones which inhabit a VUCA (volatile, unpredictable, complex and ambiguous) environment, where matrix leadership, remote working and collaborative teamwork is rapidly becoming the norm.
The Conversations Masterclass examines the behavioural limitations that impede us from having as effective conversations as we would like, helping you to overcome these limitations.
The workshop is appropriate for all levels of employee, from the shop-floor to the board room.
The Workshop will provide you with the skills to improve the conversations you have with:
- your peers and colleagues – enabling more collaborative and co-creative working environments
- with your boss – helping you bring important issues to their attention, assisting them to be more effective leaders, giving you the confidence to raise challenging issues
- with your direct reports – so that you can motivate, inspire and encourage people to take greater responsibility, grow and develop, and produce their best work
- across the organization – with other teams and departments, across matrix structures, with dispersed and remote working teams
The knowledge and skills you acquire will enable you to tackle conversations more confidently and effectively in the following areas:
- Performance Management
- Discipline and Conduct
- Coaching & Feedback
- Creativity & Problem solving
- Mobilizing and supporting people through Change Initiatives
- Developing People through their career journey
- Negotiation, Influencing and Selling ideas and proposals
A psychologist (Ph.D.) and professional certified coach (PCC) who has also held a number of significant positions in a variety of businesses and across a number of sectors. Some examples of the breadth and range of his experience include:
- Designing and delivering a major strategic transformation programme for 500 Global leaders as well as a leadership development programme for change leaders across the organisation
- Delivering leadership events to over 300 global managers focusing on greater decisiveness and honest conversations
- Launching a talent development initiative for 50 of the highest potential people in the organisation, with a programme of identification, selection, coaching, mentoring, development and shadowing.
- Publishing a leadership book titled ‘The Vital Edge’ (2014) outlining lessons to be learned in business from sporting figures
- Designing and delivering a Hero’s Journey programme within the London Prison Estate for Young Offenders
- Leadership Coach to a number of Senior & Board level executives in companies and organisations such as The Royal Mint, Vodafone, Legal & General, BP, UNHCR, BT and HM Prison & Probation Service.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Doctorate in Psychology (Ph.D.)
- Certified Leadership Coach – November 2005
- Firework certified Career Coach – 2008
- ICF accreditation – ACC awarded 2010
- Affiliate member of Association for Coaching (AC)
- Associate Member of International Society of Coaching Psychologists (ISCP)
- ICF accreditation – PCC awarded 2020